In addition to writing, editing, and teaching, I’m a recognized expert on Jack the Ripper and have traveled the country speaking (and writing) about the crimes, their implications, and the investigation(s). I’ve written about the crimes, and you can read my takes on several theories, including Was this Jack the Ripper’s Knife?, Was Jack the Ripper a Woman?, and Why are we so fascinated by Jack the Ripper in the first place?
From 2014-2019, I oversaw the publication of a monthly newsmagazine, Pennsylvania Bridges. You can view back issues of Pennsylvania Bridges on Issuu. You can also read some of the stories and columns I wrote for the publication below:
- Artist Rose Capanna: “Such a sense of peace when I paint.”
- Cal U professor Dr. Carole Waterhouse releases new novel
- Good Eats Ministry: “Care for the least and the lost.”
- Hymn commissioned to honor late choir director, mentor
- New salon owners return to their “roots”
- Review: Leave The Endless River on an endless loop
- From high school story to feature film: Summerlings, Part I
- Man vs. mediocrity in the classic film “Amadeus”
- Fantasy cult classic Labyrinth turns 30
- 126 years of Jack the Ripper: Uncovering the Spectre
- Why study the Jack the Ripper murders?
- What I’m Looking Forward To: The Force Awakens
Some of the monthly editor’s columns I penned for Pennsylvania Bridges
- Come Fly With Me!
- Each One, Reach One
- Seeds of Rebellion
- Just Keep Swimming!
- Making Seasons Bright
- Mindful Distractions
- Not Older. Just Better.
- Mother, May I?
- Take it back!
- To All a Good Night!
- Unsung Heroes
You can also read some of the articles I’ve written for local publications below, although some of them are behind the publication’s paywall and you might not be able to access them without a subscription:
- Cal U holds 176th commencement | Local News | heraldstandard.com
- Fayette County artist exhibits work at Waynesburg University | Local | heraldstandard.com
- Students take center stage in Brownsville grant presentation | Local News | heraldstandard.com
- Cal U holds commencement | Local News | heraldstandard.com
Finally, here is a sample newsletter I developed and designed for a local nonprofit, Brownsville Area Revitalization Corporation:
To see more samples of my work, please email me at email@example.com.